National Age Group Records NOTES
1. Application and all required paperwork should be submitted within 30 days of performance.
2. If the NAG record is set at a USA Swimming National Championship, Junior National Championship, U.S. Open meet, Futures, Zone Age Group, Zone Seniors, or Sectionals meet, National Event staff members and/or Program Operations designees will provide documentation and ensure that all criteria are met. If the NAG record is set at any other meet such as a local LSC meet, including observed meets such as a high school meet, an application must be submitted.
3. The Rules for Swimming Records are found in Article 104 of USA Swimming Rules and Regulations.
4. Only USA Swimming members, who are U.S. citizens representing a USA Swimming club or competing unattached, are eligible to establish National Age Group records. Times submitted for Age Group records must comply with all requirements for Best Times tabulation as listed in 205.9 and 104.2.3A (1)(2).
5. It is the responsibility of the meet referee to certify that all USA Swimming rules pertaining to the swimming performance (Parts 1 and 2) have been met. If the swimmer is a NCAA swimmer, competing in a NCAA meet, referee must check the box to confirm the swimmer(s) was not wearing Kinesio tape.
6. Times must be registered by automatic (Level 1 or Level 2) equipment and submitted in hundredths of a second and must conform to Article 102.24 Timing Rules.
7. Verification of pool measurement is not required for NAG records.