DUVEL MOORTGAT® BELGIAN NATIONAL DAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER.
Each text message sent or received may incur a charge as provided in your rate plan, standard text and/or data rates apply.
ELIGIBILITY: Duvel Moortgat® BELGIAN NATIONAL DAY SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. legal residents of any legal U.S. state who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families) of Duvel Moortgat USA, Ltd. (the “Sponsor”), Reconomy Inc., (the “Administrator”) and any of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, independent contractors, agencies, alcoholic beverage wholesalers and retailers, and any persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes (cumulatively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes begins on 5/15/2018 at or about 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends 8/15/2018 at or about 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or around 8/16/2018 for all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
1) Text Messaging: During the Sweepstakes Period, text an official entry code (the “Official Entry Code”) (example: Text “BELGIAN”), found in store on point of sale cardboard signs, packaging material, cooler stickers or other Official Entry Code communication on Sweepstakes related advertising materials at participating retailer locations to 24587 using a wireless, SMS-capable phone. You must provide your own phone. Once you have properly text-messaged the Official Entry Code to the promotional phone number, you will receive a reply via text messaging requesting age & home zip code confirmation. Important Notice: Your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Standard text message rates apply. Other charges may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding pricing plans. You must be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Entrants may opt-out at any time by texting STOP to 24587, text HELP for help. In the event the winner is selected from a text message entry, the prize will be awarded to the “authorized account holder” associated with the given wireless telephone number used to enter the Sweepstakes by sending a text message. The “authorized account holder” for text messaging entrants is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a wireless telephone number by a wireless service provider. Proof of being the “authorized account holder” may be required by the winner and dependent upon Sponsor satisfaction.
2) Internet: Visit http://www.BrusselsBelgiumTrip.com (“Website”) and follow the online instructions to play for a chance to win a prize.
Limited one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Duplicate entries for a single individual will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING: Two (2) Total Prizes will be selected in a random drawing on about 8/16/2018 from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Two (2) Grand Prizes - one (1) set of two (2) round trip economy class airline tickets from New York City (JFK) or Washington D.C. (Dulles (IAD)) to Brussels, Belgium on Brussels Airlines operating flights, and standard double occupancy hotel accommodations consisting of one (1) room for two (2) nights in Brussels, Belgium, with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) - $5,000.00. Actual value of prize may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves right to change dates, blackout dates may apply. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and guests must be 21 years of age or older and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, Brussels Airlines. Guests are subject to the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules, and Sponsor may exclude any ineligible guest in its sole discretion.
Brussels Airline’s provision of the Prize is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Tickets are valid for transportation on Brussels Airlines operated flights only.
- Tickets are valid for transportation and travel must be completed before July 30, 2019,
- Tickets are valid three months from date of issue (no extensions or exceptions possible).
- Reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking, and cannot be made less than three weeks before the Prize Winner’s planned date of departure.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part, for any destination. Tickets issued have no cash value, are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-endorsable, and are only eligible for travel on Brussels Airlines operated flights.
- The Prize Winner will be responsible for all expenses not specifically stated as part of the Prize, including, without limitation, any applicable taxes and governmental fees or surcharges, airport charges, local transportation including air or ground transportation from the Prize Winner’s home to a Brussels Airlines gateway airport, overnight accommodations, incidentals and any items of a personal nature.
- Tickets may not be used in conjunction with any other special promotion, nor are eligible for mileage credit in any program in which Brussels Airlines participates. The Prize Winner is responsible for obtaining the necessary passport and/or visas, as well as any other requirements needed for the destination and transfer points.
- Brussels Airlines ‘General Conditions of Carriage (as published on https://www.brusselsairlines.com/com/misc/conditions.aspx) shall apply.
- Brussels Airlines will not be held responsible in case of overbooking, preventing a free ticket holder from flying on the intended travel dates.
- Black-out dates: April 8 – April 16; May 26 – July 9 **; July 29 – September 3 **; November 3 – November 7; December 20 – December 31. (** Saturdays and Sundays only)
- Brussels Airlines shall in no way be responsible for administering the Sweepstakes or for anything related to the Sweepstakes other than providing the Prize to Sponsor and providing social media support on any Brussels Airlines owned or operated social media sites, at the sole discretion of Brussels Airlines.
- Brussels Airlines shall use its commercially reasonable best efforts to coordinate with Sponsor in fulfillment of the Prize at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
The random drawings, selection of winners, and awarding of prizes will be conducted under the supervision of Administrator, an independent organization whose decisions are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. No prize substitutions will be allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. Winner agrees that the prize is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license personal to that applicable winner. Winner agrees not to sell, resell, auction, barter, assign, exchange, place in commerce, transfer, give away, donate, or otherwise convey any received prize. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke that winner’s license, and the prize will not be honored. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the prize description above are the sole responsibility of the winner.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential prize winner will be notified by email, text message, U.S. mail, telephone, or private delivery service (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Potential prize winner and potential guest will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Publicity and Liability (where permitted by law) within three (3) days of notification. Winner’s age is subject to independent age verification, and if failed, will result in prize forfeiture. In the event of noncompliance, if the prize winner cannot be reached at the phone number, email address or address on that winner’s entry, or if the prize or prize notification is returned unclaimed or undeliverable for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, that prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected only if time permits and in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All costs, taxes, fee, and expenses associated with a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal state, and local taxes on prize are winner’s responsibility. The prize winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize.
GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE: Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, image, likeness, voice, picture, audio and video recordings of, biographical information, statements, and any material based thereon or derived there from, together with any actual or fictional material, or to refrain from so doing, and address (city and state), without the ability to review, for advertising, promoting and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, where permitted by law. Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities: (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, or lost prize notifications or entries; or for unauthorized or fraudulent interference with the entry process; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information.
GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities for any liability whatsoever for injuries, losses or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse or awarding of the prize or while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize or prize-related activity, including without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss or accident to person or property.
FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes or any particular Sweepstakes drawing is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes or particular sweepstakes drawing as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes or a particular Sweepstakes drawing as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failures, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court of jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety or the affected portion of the Sweepstakes.
DISPUTES, ARBITRATION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to the following: (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the right and obligation of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Missouri, USA, without regard to Missouri choice of law provisions.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants hereby agree to Sponsor’s collection and usage of their personally identifying information.
WINNER LIST/Official Rules: For the name of the prize winners, hand-print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: DUVEL MOORTGAT® BELGIAN NATIONAL DAY SWEEPSTAKES Winners’ List Request, 300 West Vine St, BOX 802, Lexington, KY 40507, on or around August 16th, 2018.
SPONSOR: Duvel Moortgat USA, 21 Railroad Avenue, Ste. 32, Cooperstown, New York 13326.
©2018 Duvel Moortgat USA, Coopstown, NY. All rights reserved.