Note, in considering potential service on the APEX Board of Directors, please carefully evaluate your time and willingness to fulfil the following minimum requirements:
- Serve a two year term that will commence in October 2021.
- Attend the New Board Orientation session via conference call.
- Travel - Typically, there are three to four in-person APEX Board Meetings during the year (outside of the EXPO), typically held in the Los Angeles, California USA area tentatively scheduled for January 2022, April 2022 (in conjunction with the Content Market) and September 2022 (in conjunction with EXPO). There may be one or two international meetings collocated with the Content Market or Regional Conferences as determined by the Board. Flights are the responsibility of the Board member; however, except during EXPO, a 2 night hotel accommodation and meals will be provided by APEX. Given extenuating circumstances, the Executive Committee may consider and approve travel expenses for Board members beyond those prescribed in the policy. We expect Board Members to attend all meetings in person, but if it is not possible to attend a meeting on occasion, a video or teleconference line will be provided.
- Prepare for each Board meeting by carefully studying the agenda and supporting materials.
- Support all Board decisions publicly even if you may have not voted in favor of the decision taken.
- Fulfill any assignments. Ensure availability for conference calls, complete assigned tasks within the timelines agreed upon and respond to all Board, staff, member and media requests in a timely manner. Complete all Board reports and duties.
- Plan to make 10 or more hours available for APEX activities monthly.
- Attend the EXPO and serve as a goodwill ambassador for APEX throughout the year.
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their intention to join the APEX Board of Directors with the Chair of the Nominations Committee to ensure that both are clear about roles and interests should the applicant be elected.
Chair of the Nominations Committee: Juha Järvinen