The Huntington’s Disease Society of America is pleased to announce it is now accepting scholarship applications to attend the 39th Annual HDSA Convention in Spokane, WA!
For over 20 years, the intent of this scholarship has been to help youth and young adults in the NYA community attend the HDSA National Convention each year! This year it is being held in Spokane, WA from May 30th-June 1st. This scholarship was established to benefit the community and exists thanks to the support and generosity of so many throughout the year.
The application may be completed by anyone under the age of 35, who needs financial assistance to attend the HDSA 2024 National Convention.
*Please note, all information contained on this application is not to be shared and kept confidential.
Scholarship Availability & Application
ANYONE can apply that has or has not received a scholarship in the past. You must be under 35 years old. Open to residents of the United States only. Each application is an application for only for one individual.
Anyone under the age of 18 years old, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Additional travel accomadations and registration will be covered.
All Scholarship recipients are expected to attend NYA Day on Thursday, May 30, 2024.
What does the Scholarship cover?
- Round-trip airfare up to $500 per person (please note you must book and pay for your airfare and you will be reimbursed at the Convention)
- One hotel room for up to four family members at the The Davenport Grand for 4 nights, May 29th -June 2nd.
- Convention Registration Fees
- Saturday night Convention Gala ticket
Travel by Car: Roundtrip mileage reimbursement at 67 cents per mile up to 1,000 miles round trip (distance to be calculated on Google Maps).
What doesn’t the Scholarship cover?
- Hotel incidentals (You will need to have a credit card and ID to check into your room.)
- Transportation to and from the hotel/airport.
- Meals that are not provided as part of the Convention registration.
Possible Partial scholarships:
- Hotel Accomadations
- Travel Reimbursement
- HDSA Convention Registration
Applications must be received no later than midnight on March 1, 2024.
Notification of Winners
Applicants will be notified no later than March 16, 2024 as to whether they have been awarded a scholarship.
Scholarship recipients from 2023 are eligible for a NYA scholarship. Priority will go to those who did not receive a NYA scholarship in 2023.
Thank you for your continued support to the Huntington’s Disease Society of America and the HDSA National Youth Alliance!