The Huntington’s Disease Society of America will be hosting the 33rd Annual HDSA Convention in Los Angeles, CA on June 7-9, 2018. To help local families participate, we are pleased to announce the creation of a financial aid scholarship for individuals and/or families living in California who wish to attend the Annual Convention. We are accepting applications through Wednesday, April 4, 2018. Applicants will be notified no later than Friday, May 1, 2018 as to whether they have been awarded a scholarship.
This fund was established to benefit individuals and families affected by Huntington’s disease and is made possible through the generous support of Lundbeck.
Scholarship Availability & Application
- The intent of this scholarship is to help families and individuals who live in the state of California to attend the 33rd Annual HDSA Convention.
- The scholarship is open to any family member or caregiver who is affected by Huntington’s disease.
- All scholarship recipients are required to attend the Convention events beginning on Thursday evening, June 7th and ending on Saturday, June 9th.
What does the Scholarship cover?
- A Full Scholarship: A full scholarship recipient will receive funding to cover hotel accommodations at the Los Angeles Airport Marriott (you may be asked to share a room with other scholarship recipients) and Convention registration, which includes your ticket to the Convention Gala on Saturday.
- A Partial Scholarship: A partial scholarship may be awarded when the total amount of funds in the overall scholarship fund will not allow for a full scholarship. Any person may also request a partial scholarship if they are able to pay for some portion of their costs and only require partial assistance.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received no later than, Wednesday, April 4, 2018. The application and required documents are to be mailed to:
Anita Dominguez, Pacific Southwest Regional Director
Huntington’s Disease Society of America
Attn: Convention Scholarship – California Residents
PO Box 10368
Burbank, CA 91510
Applications may also be scanned and emailed as a pdf to email@example.com