• Online applications must be submitted NO LATER THAN midnight February 25, 2023.
• Photo images must be uploaded during the application process, then secured payment must be made via credit card to submit the application.
• All Artisan Village artists must reside in Kent, Newaygo, Barry, Montcalm, Ionia, Muskegon, Ottawa or Allegan Counties.
• Single Booth spaces / accommodates one 10’ x 10’ tent
• Double Booth spaces / accommodates two 10’ x 10’ tents or one 10’ x 20’ tent (limited availability)
• Designated booth location for each artist (requests taken into consideration)
• Professional jury to review your work for consideration in Festival of the Arts
• Artist Information & Hospitality booth
• Promotion on website, and social media
• Overnight security
• Payments in the amount of $350 for a single booth or $650 for a double. Once accepted as an approved participant in Festival of the Arts’ Artisan Village, payments are due by May 1, 2023.
• Art work that is handcrafted, original in nature, or be quality reproductions of the original work produced in limited editions (500 or less), individually signed and numbered and clearly labeled “Reproduction” or “Limited Reproduction”.
• Bags and wrapping materials
• Credit card sales device
• Change for your cash transactions
• Artists are responsible for the payment of sales tax on any sales
• Sales assistants for your tent
• Display tables, shelves, etc, and chairs
• One weight per corner at a minimum of 40 pounds each
- Example weights https://www.amazon.com/US-Weight-Eco-Canopy-Canopies-Umbrellas/dp/B06XQ6BLLJ
• If desired, cordless or battery operated lights for your display space, (CFL or LED lights only)
• Artisan Village booths are all located outdoors
• The Artisan Village is located on Calder Plaza, 351 Ottawa Ave NW, between Michigan and Lyon NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
• Booth required to be operating for attendees during advertised 2023 sales hours:
Friday, June 2 / 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, June 3 / 10:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday, June 4 / 10:00am - 5:00pm
Load-in: Friday, June 2, 2023
• Load-in is scheduled with assigned, staggered times, between 8 am – 3:00pm. The Artisan Village will be opening for business at 5pm that same day.
• Vehicles will be restricted from entering onto Calder Plaza. Temporary parking will be made available near Calder Plaza, along Ottawa St instead. We recommend bringing helpers for the tasks of unloading and setting up.
• You will receive load-in times and logistic information by May 15, 2022.
Load-out: Sunday, June 4, 2023
• Artisan Village artists may begin to pack up at 4:00 pm on Sunday. You are welcome to hand-carry or cart your loads to your cars as soon as you are ready to do so. You should arrange to have help to watch your booth during this time.
• Vehicles will be restricted from entering onto Calder Plaza.
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE
• A non-refundable Application Fee must be paid online when you apply. The fee is $15 if you apply before January 31. The fee increases to $25 starting February 1.
• An artist’s statement and/or biography that may be used for festival publicity.
• Four high quality photos representing the type of art you intend to sell, preferably close-ups.
• Two photos of your booth or display area: one to cover your overall booth set-up, and one to show how you will stabilize your tent. Please show the 40 lb. per corner post weights you plan to use. Calder Plaza can be VERY windy. We suggest more than 40 lbs per corner.
• Photos will be uploaded with your online application.
• If your booth includes a collective or group of artists: Submit at least four photos that represent works to be sold by each artist in your collective, or four photos that represent a sampling of works to be sold by members of your group.
• Only works represented by photos during the application process will be permitted at Festival.
• PLEASE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY PHOTOS FOR USE IN PRINT MATERIAL AND/OR DIGITAL PUBLICITY.
Festival of the Arts' jury of professionals reserves the right to exclude work submitted. You will be notified in writing which specific items or types of items are to be excluded.
Email Contact: Karen Hunter: firstname.lastname@example.org TEXT only: 616-617-3125