Festival of the Arts is excited you are submitting your application to perform at Festival 2024. We are working hard to make your performance more successful and easier than ever before.
Please read these directions before filling out the Performance Application. Do not fill out any form fields with “same as last year.” All fields marked with an * MUST be filled in to submit your application.
- The registration deadline is January 31, 2024. Applications can not be accepted after that date.
- A member of your performing group must be a resident of one of the following counties (Kent, Allegan, Barry, Montcalm, Newaygo, Ottawa, Ionia, and/or Muskegon) to perform at Festival of the Arts.
- Performance stage plots are an integral part of a smooth running schedule. It helps our stage managers and sound engineers expedite the setup process to help ensure maximum performance time for all performers. You MUST include a completed Festival stage plot with this application. It can download by clicking here: Festival Stage Plot Attach your completed stage plot by uploading it to this application prior to submission.
- All performers are juried. You will need to provide a link to a YouTube, Vimeo or Spotify file of a recent performance. As an alternative, you may attach a video or audio file to this application.
- Festival of the Arts accepts both original material and non-original material for performance on our stages.
- Your performance may be called short or canceled altogether due to weather issues or circumstances beyond our control. We will maintain our program schedule at all times and require your set be finished at the scheduled time to keep all performances running on time.
- Stage hands, volunteers, and contract staff will be setting the stage with risers and appropriate sound based on your submitted stage plot.
- Make sure you enter the correct genre of your performance in the "Music Type" box. Our jury of professionals will review your work based the category of their expertise. For example – our classical juror does not jury country western. An incorrect music type may prevent your application from being accepted.
- You will be notified by March 1, 2024 when your performance is scheduled.
- This year we will be providing two parking passes to unload and load your vehicles at the stage. Available at your stage on the day of your performance.
There will be four stages, Calder stage on Calder plaza. diSuvero stage, next to the Federal Building. Clocktower stage on the corner of Ottawa and Lyon. And, City stage on Fountain. We will not be using Rosa Parks Circle.
A note to dance groups. All dance groups will be scheduled on Calder and City stages, Please be aware that if your group is scheduled on City stage you will need to choreograph your performance to a stage size of 32' wide x 24' deep.
There are limited amount of performance times available. This application will allow you to designate days and times when you are UNABLE to perform. Please understand the greater number of days and times your are UNABLE to perform will reduce your chances of being accepted.
- Festival of the Arts is a 50+ year Grand Rapids tradition. A gift by the community, to the community. Planned and accomplished through the work of hundreds of volunteers. Each year Festival of the Arts supports thousands of artists, performers, and area non-profit organizations. Though expenses continue to climb we are committed to keeping this event free for everyone, but we need your help. This year, the $25.00 application fee is being made voluntary, but please consider a donation along with your application.
- No alcohol, drugs or illegal substances allowed on or at stages.
- No swearing or inappropriate/ behavior on stage. This is a family event with children.
- Only performers and group leaders are allowed backstage. Check with your stage manager if you’re unsure.
- Please provide gender appropriate adult supervisors for dressing tents.
- You are responsible for all of your property/equipment. Festival of the Arts is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Festival of the Arts provides professional audio engineers for our entire event.