• Online applications must be submitted NO LATER THAN midnight February 26, 2022.
• Photo images will be uploaded during the process.
• A secured credit card link for payment for your booth’s fee will be provided at your booth’s acceptance.
• If you have problems or questions call Karen Hunter at 616-617-3125.
• All Artisan Village artists must reside in Kent, Newaygo, Barry, Montcalm, Ionia, Muskegon, Ottawa or Allegan Counties.
• Single Booth spaces / accommodates one 10’ x 10’ tent
• Double Booth spaces / accommodates two 10’ x 10’ tents or one 10’ x 20’ tent (limited availabiliy)
• Designated booth location for each artist (requests taken into consideration)
• Professional jury to review your work for consideration in Festival of the Arts
• Artist Information and Hospitality booth
• Promotion on website and social media
• Overnight security
• Payment in the amount of $300.00 for a single booth or $600.00 for a double. Once accepted as an approved participant in Festival of the Arts' Artisan village, payments are due by May 1, 2022.
• Art work that is handcrafted, original in nature, or be quality reproductions of the original work produced in limited editions (500 or less), individually signed and numbered and clearly labeled “Reproduction” or “Limited Reproduction”.
• Bags and wrapping materials
• Credit card sales device
• Change for your cash transactions
• Artists are responsible for the payment of sales tax on any sales
• Sales assistants for your tent
• Display tables, shelves, etc, and chairs
• One weight per corner at a minimum of 40lbs. each.
• Example weights https://www.amazon.com/US-Weight-Eco-Canopy- Canopies-Umbrellas/dp/B06XQ6BLLJ
• If desired, cordless or battery operated lights for your display space, (CFL or LED lights only)
• Artisan Village booths are all located outdoors
• The Artisan Village is located on Calder Plaza, 351 Ottawa Ave NW, between Michigan and Lyon NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
• Booth required to be operating for attendees during advertised 2022 sales hours:
Friday, June 3 / 12:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday, June 4 / 10:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday, June 5 / 10:00am - 5:00pm
Load-in: Thursday, June 2, 2022
• Load-in is scheduled with assigned, staggered times.
• You will receive load-in times and logistic information by May 15, 2022.
Load-out: Sunday, June 5. 2022
• Artisan Village artists may begin to pack up at 5:00 pm on Sunday.
• Vehicles restrictions may apply to access Calder Plaza.
• You are welcome to hand-carry or cart your loads to your cars as soon as you are ready to go.
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE
• $25 Non-refundable Application Fee paid online or by check with your mailed in application.
• An artist’s statement and/or biography that may be used for festival publicity.
• Four high quality photos representing the type of art you intend to sell, preferably close-ups.
• Two photos of your booth or display area: one to cover your overall booth set-up, and one to show how you will stabilize your tent. Please show the 40 lb. per corner post weights you plan to use.
• Photos will be uploaded with your online application.
• If you are mailing in your application, photos may be included as prints or on a flash drive or disc. (If you would like your photos returned include a self-addressed-stamped envelope with your submission. Appropriate packaging and postage must also be supplied for return of any samples.
• Actual samples of your work are also accepted.
• If your booth includes a collective or group of artists: Submit at least four photos that represent works to be sold by each artist in your collective, or four photos that represent a sampling of works to be sold by members of your group.
• Only works represented by photos during the application process will be permitted at Festival.
• PLEASE PROVIDE HIGH-QUALITY PHOTOS TO BE USED IN PRINT MATERIAL AND/OR DIGITAL PUBLICITY.
Festival of the arts jury of professionals reserves the right to exclude work submitted. You will be notified in writing which specific items or types of items are to be excluded.
Email Contact: Karen Hunter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Contact: Festival 2021 Artisan Village, c/o Eva Sitek, 823 Baldwin St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506