Artists wishing to participate in festival must meet the following criteria:
● Reside in one of these Michigan counties: Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon,
Newaygo or Ottawa
● Work must be handcrafted by the artist. Quality reproductions of artist’s original work produced in
limited editions (500 or less), individually signed and numbered and clearly labeled “Reproduction” or
“Limited Reproduction” are permitted. All other works must be original in nature. No re-sales are
● Single Booth spaces / accommodates one 10' x 10' tent
● Double Booth spaces / accommodates two 10' x 10' tents or one 10' x 20' tent
● Designated booth location for each artist (requests taken into consideration)
● Overnight security
● Art Work
● Tents, and corner weights for all 4 corners
● Display tables, shelves, etc, and chairs
● Bags and wrapping materials
● Change for your transactions
● If desired, cordless or battery operated lights for your display space, (CFL or LED lights only)
● Sales help, if you need it during the event, for your tent
● festival Art Sales is located on Calder Plaza in downtown Grand Rapids.
There is space for up to 40 — 10' x 10' single tents
● Advertised sales hours are:
Friday June 1 11:30am to 9pm, Satsurday June 2 10am to 9pm, and Sunday June 3 10 am to 5pm
● Load-in: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Load-in is scheduled at assigned staggered times, Thursday afternoon through early evening.
● Load-out: Sunday, June 3
Artists may begin to pack up at 5:00 pm on Sunday. Vehicles will not be allowed on Calder Plaza,
however, until after the public has cleared the area, which could be as late as 8:00 pm. You are
welcome to hand-carry or cart your loads to your cars as soon as you are ready to do so.
● Must be postmarked NO LATER THAN March 31,2018
● Mail or deliver all materials to:
festival 2018 Art Sales, c/o Gina Bivins, 808 Carpenter Ave NW, Grand Rapids MI 49504
● You may fill out the application electronically, pay online via PayPal, and submit your images online
too. Go to FESTIVALGR.ORG. Click the" APPLY" button on the home page.
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION
1. $25 Non-refundable Jurying Fee (made out to festival of the arts)
2. 4 Photos representing the type of art you intend to sell, preferably close-ups. Photos may be
submitted on a disc. Samples of work are also acceptable. Work not represented at the time of jurying
will NOT be permitted at festival. The jury reserves the right to exclude work submitted. You will be
notified in writing which specific items or types of items are to be excluded. (If you would like your
photos returned, include a self-addressed-stamped-envelope with your submission. Appropriate
packaging and postage must also be supplied for return of any samples.)
3. 2 Photos of your booth or display area. One photo should show your overall booth set-up and one
photo should show how you will stabilize your tent. Please show the weights you plan to use.
4. Artist's Statement. Tell us about yourself; an artist’s statement, biography, photocopies of
newspaper clippings, etc. If accepted, this material and your photos may be used for festival publicity.
Once you are notified of acceptance, Booth Fees MUST be received in full by May 14, 2018
Booth Fees and Sales Tax information:
● Single Booth – $200 / accommodates one 10' x 10' tent
● Double Booth – $400 / accommodates two 10' x 10' tents or one 10' x 20' tent
Please note: A very limited number of Double Booths will be accommodated.
● Michigan Sales Tax of 6% is the responsibility of the artist
Questions? Contact your friendly volunteer Art Sales Representative
Gina Bivins (evenings) 616-453-2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or Karen Hunter (evenings) 616-617-3125 or email@example.com