Looking for a service project for you and your family this holiday season? The Service Learning Committee has organized a service project for your entire family to participate in called Operation Christmas Child.
What is Operation Christmas Child? Run by highly respected Samaritan’s Purse, Operation Christmas Child delivers donors’ shoe boxes of toys/gifts to needy children around the world for Christmas. https://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- SIGN UP and purchase the items you will be donating.
- PURCHASE the amount of items listed for the category you choose (i.e. 20 balls, 10 flashlights, etc.). The dollar store, Target’s dollar spot, party supply stores & Hobby Lobby are great places to shop!
- DROP OFF items by November 6th to The Moss’s at 4519 Seeley Avenue located half a block from school. (Place items in crates outside front door.)
- BRING a shoebox or several! (If you don’t have a shoebox, you can also bring a plastic bin with a lid.)
- ATTEND the Packing Party at Pierce Downer with your family! Check in when you arrive to pay and receive instructions.
- BRING $9 per shoebox (cash) to the packing party to cover the shipping cost.
- HAVE FUN while helping others! You will be able to draw a picture, make a craft or write a note to the recipient to include in your box. You could also do this beforehand and bring it to the party.
- TRACK your shoe box! You will receive an email in the next month to find out where the shoe boxes have arrived.
If you are unable to attend the packing party, you may still donate gifts/shipping money and drop them at The Moss’s. If you are having any other questions, please feel free to contact Jamie Moss at email@example.com or (630) 445-3534
PACKING PARTY DETAILS:
When: Thursday, November 8th
Time: 3:10 P.M. -5:00 P.M.
Where: Pierce Downer Gym
What to bring: $9 cash PER BOX, shoe box(es) and your family!
PLEASE NOTE: ALL GIFTS SHOULD BE APPROPRIATE FOR 5-9 YR OLD BOYS AND GIRLS AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIT IN A SHOEBOX with several other items.
Do not include used/damaged items; war-related items such as guns/knives/military figures. No chocolate/food. No out of date candy. No liquids/lotions, medications, vitamins. No aerosol cans or breakable, glass items.