All work must be completely produced by college students, and all entries must have been completed after Nov. 2, 2019. Attendance at the convention for other film festival entrants is encouraged but not required. Winners will be posted after the ceremony on Oct. 22, 2020.
All submissions will be ranked according to, but not limited to, the following guidelines: Presentation, technical proficiency of video and audio production, proper file submission, ethical considerations and deadline. All productions must be 100% original and 100% student produced.
All submissions must be turned in by Friday, October 2 at noon ET. The winners will be announced and winning entries will be shown during the ACP/CMA Fall National College Media Convention on Oct. 22 at 8 pm ET. The event will be virtual this year.
All entries, must be accompanied by a $20 entry fee and turned in via Google Drive.
- Use an existing Gmail account or set up a new one
- Create a folder with your name and entry type (ex: SmithLongDoc).
- Upload your file to the folder, also using that name format
- Send an invitation to share your folder with Tom Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul Glover (email@example.com)
All submissions must be
- Smaller than 5 GB
- File type .mov, .mp4 or .m4v
- Audio entries should be .mp3
By uploading/submitting your files, you agree to the following:
- The video may be shown at the Film and Audio Festival Screening at the convention
- The video may be uploaded to the CMA film and audio festival website for others to see
- All the work was completed by students
- The video was completed between Nov. 2, 2019 and Oct. 1, 2020.
Film and Audio Festival Screening
The winners will be announced and winning entries will be shown during the virtual convention. The top winners in each category will be sent a plaque later in the fall.
Each of the winning entries may be shown at the film and audio festival, though time restrictions may require that only excerpts of longer entries can be shown.
The judges will be professionals in the field. All awards are chosen at the discretion of the judges. Categories may be combined or expanded, if needed, and an entry may be moved into another category if it does not appear to fit the criteria for the original category.