All work must be completely produced by college students, and all entries (except promotional entries) must have been completed after Sept. 1, 2018. For the promotional videos, you must be a paid registrant at the Fall Convention. Attendance at the convention for other film festival entrants is encouraged but not required.
All submissions will be ranked according to, but not limited to, the following guidelines: Presentation, technical proficiency of video and audio production, proper file submission, ethical considerations and deadline. All productions must be 100% original and 100% student produced.
For documentary, creative, video, animation, audio and other non-promotional categories: Monday, Sep. 16, 2019 at midnight.
Promotional video and audio deadline: Saturday, Nov. 2, between 11-noon at a booth next to the registration table, via flash drive or hard drive.
All entries, including the promotional video, must be accompanied by a $20 entry fee. Promotional videos must be submitted in person via flash drive or hard drive from 11-noon on Saturday, Nov. 2 next to the registration booth. All other submissions must be turned in via Google Drive:
- Use an existing Gmail account or set up a new one
- Create a folder with your name and entry type (ex: SmithLongDoc).
- Upload your file to the folder, also using that name format
- Send an invitation to share your folder with Tom Grant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul Glover (email@example.com)
All submissions must be
- Smaller than 5 GB
- File type .mov, .mp4 or .m4v
- Audio entries should be .mp3
By uploading/submitting your files, you agree to the following:
- The video may be shown at the Film and Audio Festival Screening at the convention
- The video may be uploaded to the CMA film and audio festival website for others to see
- The promotional/audio video may be used by CMA in various venues and on the web
- All the work was completed by students
- The video was completed between Sept. 1, 2018 and Nov. 1, 2019.
Film and Audio Festival Screening
The winners will be announced and winning entries will be shown during the convention. The top winners in each category will be given a plaque.
Each of the winning entries may be shown at the film and audio festival, though time restrictions may require that only excerpts of longer entries can be shown.
The judges will be professionals in the field. All awards are chosen at the discretion of the judges. Categories may be combined or expanded, if needed, and an entry may be moved into another category if it does not appear to fit the criteria for the original category.