T&L Properties USDA Rural Housing Rental Application

Please complete the attached application in its entirety. We are unable to process incomplete applications. If you have questions or need assistance completing the application, please feel free to call our Rental Specialist at 800-394-1288, extension 0.

Please note that we run a detailed screening on all adult applicants.  The following are the most common reasons applicants are denied for housing with T&L Properties. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive; a full copy of our resident selection criteria can be found on our website or can be provided to you by calling our office at the number listed above.
Criminal History
- Any drug or paraphernalia convictions within the past 7 years or any charges pending at the time of application
- Assault, vandalism, disorderly conduct, or any other charges against people or property within the past 7 years or any charges pending at the time of application
- Any conviction requiring the applicant to register with the state or national sex offender list
Rental History
- A history of late payments with a previous landlord
- A history of lease violations with a previous landlord
- A history of damage caused to a previous rental unit
- Breach of a previous rental agreement
- An outstanding balance or collection with a previous landlord
- An outstanding collection with the utility company that services the property you've applied to
- 5 or more outstanding collections, or collections totaling in excess of $5000
- Pending bankruptcy
- Pending foreclosure
- A vehicle repossession within the past year or one that is currently pending
* Note that medical and educational collections are excluded from consideration for our screening purposes
If you are aware that one or more of the above items may appear on your screening and you feel there are extenuating circumstances that should be taken into consideration while your application is being processed, please provide a letter of explanation and any supporting documentation along with your application.  We will treat this as an "appeal" during the initial application processing.

If the application is approved, the following documentation will be requested, if applicable:
- Photo ID must be provided for all adult household members
- Proof of Social Security number is required for all household members
- Individuals applying for Elderly/Disabled housing projects must provide proof of eligibility with regard to age and/or disability status. 
- Current Social Security or SSI benefit award letter
- Current FIP letter
- Current Unemployment benefit award letter
- Case numbers and, if applicable, pin numbers, for all court-ordered child support
- Online or ATM printout for all pre-paid debit cards in your possession


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and compliant filing deadlines vary by program or incident. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877 8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or the letter to USDA by:

            (1)        mail:    U.S. Department of Agriculture

                                   Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                                   1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                                   Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

            (2)        fax:     (202) 690-7442; or

            (3)        email: program.intake@usda.gov

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.