Please complete the attached application in its entirety. We are unable to process incomplete applications. If you have questions or need assistance completing the application, please feel free to call our Rental Specialist at 800-394-1288, extension 0.
Photo ID must be provided for all adult household members, and proof of Social Security number is required for all household members. Individuals applying for Elderly/Disabled housing projects must provide proof of eligibility with regard to age and/or disability status. For electronic submissions, these items may be uploaded and attached below (one document may be uploaded per segment).
The following should be attached if applicable:
- Current Social Security or SSI benefit award letter
- Current FIP letter
- Current Unemployment benefit award letter
- Case numbers and, if applicable, pin numbers, for all court-ordered child support
- Online or ATM printout for all pre-paid debit cards in your possession
Please note that we run a detailed screening on all adult applicants. The following are the most common reasons applicants are denied for housing with T&L Properties. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive; a full copy of our resident selection criteria can be found on our website or can be provided to you by calling our office at the number listed above.
- Any drug or paraphernalia convictions within the past 7 years or any charges pending at the time of application
- Assault, vandalism, disorderly conduct, or any other charges against people or property within the past 7 years or any charges pending at the time of application
- Any conviction requiring the applicant to register with the state or national sex offender list
- A history of late payments with a previous landlord
- A history of lease violations with a previous landlord
- A history of damage caused to a previous rental unit
- Breach of a previous rental agreement
- An outstanding balance or collection with a previous landlord
- An outstanding collection with the utility company that services the property you've applied to
- 5 or more outstanding collections, or collections totaling in excess of $5000
- Pending bankruptcy
- Pending foreclosure
- A vehicle repossession within the past year or one that is currently pending
* Note that medical and educational collections are excluded from consideration for our screening purposes
If you are aware that one or more of the above items may appear on your screening and you feel there are extenuating circumstances that should be taken into consideration while your application is being processed, please provide a letter of explanation and any supporting documentation along with your application. We will treat this as an "appeal" during the initial application processing.
Completed paper applications can be placed in the rent box on site, or mailed, e-mailed, or faxed to our Home Office:
Mail: PO Box 456, Granger IA 50109 Fax: 877-242-0349 E-mail: email@example.com
Applications can also be completed electronically on our website: www.tlpropertiesiowa.com