Nominations for the BW Athletics Hall of Fame are accepted on a rolling basis, year-round, and are eligible for consideration on the ballot for five years. FOR 2020 SELECTION, nominations are due by March 15, 2020. Anyone in the BW community (alumni, family members, or friends) may submit a nomination for consideration by the Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
The Selection Committee considers nominations in four categories, based upon achievements during the nominee's time at BW: Athlete; Coach/Adminstrator; Team; Honorary. Eligibility criteria is as follows:
1. Nominee must have graduated from BW with an undergraduate or Master's degree.
2. Nominee is eligible for consideration the 10th selection process after his/her graduation date OR the 10th selection process after his/her athletic eligibility expired, whichever is first.
3. Student-athletes who transferred into BW are eligible for consideration, with no minimum number of years enrolled/played required. Student-athletes who transferred out of BW are not eligible for consideration.
COACH (Head or Assistant):
1. An active coach must have a minimum of 20 years service to BW.
2. A former coach is eligible for consideration one year after retirement or the end of his/her service at BW.
3. A former coach must have a minimum of 10 years service to BW.
*The same criteria may apply for consideration of an Athletics administrator.
1. A BW team is eligible for consideration the 10th selection process after the team's year of success.
An honorary candidate would not otherwise qualify as a BW athlete, coach, or athletic administrator. There may be two types of honorary candidates:
1. Nominee must have made a significant impact on BW Athletics; OR
2. Nominee must have achieved significant regional, national, or international recognition for athletics outside of BW.