In order to request approval to use tuition benefits in 2020-21 (including Summer 2020,) employees must complete the following form before the start of the academic term benefits are to be used.
Before completing this application, please note:
- A new student applicant must be accepted to the University through the Office of Admission and registered for classes prior to completing this application, otherwise, you are not eligible to apply.
- A separate application is necessary for each recipient (i.e., an employee as a student, a spouse as a student, etc.)
- Graduate and Undergraduate students of part time employees must apply each term. Graduate and undergraduate students of full time employees must apply at the start of the academic year (Starts Summer semester). Maximum credit allowed per semester is 18 not to exceed 36 credits total for that academic year, summer to spring.
- Graduate students must reapply each year (part time employees must apply each semester) and may only receive benefits during terms in which the employee is receiving a paycheck from the University.
- Benefits apply only to regular classroom instruction and student teaching. They do not apply toward any fees beyond tuition such as, room, board, music lessons, etc.
- Subject to change, the following programs are closed to Faculty, Staff, Spouses and dependent children; BSN, LHE, Speech Pathology, Public Health, and PA program. Dependent children are not eligible for graduate tuition benefits.
- Benefits are not available for internships, field experience or independent study unlessthe work is part of a full-time course load for Fall or Spring Semester or is a 12 credit hour program in and of itself
- IMPORTANT NOTE: the following benefits must be treated as taxable income to the employee and the employee must be receiving a paycheck from the University during the term in which the benefit is used:
o Any graduate benefits received by employee above $5,250 per calendar year
o Any graduate benefits received by spouse, or grandfathered domestic partner are 100% taxable
o Any undergraduate benefit received by dependent child of domestic partner
- Refer to the Employee Handbook for further clarification of the benefit available
Each application submitted will receive an acknowledgement confirming eligibility from the Human Resource Department. An approval for use of the benefit will be forwarded to the office of Financial Aid, who will apply the applicable benefit for credit to the BW student billing account.
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid or the Bursar's office if you have further questions regarding your bill. Contact Human Resources if you have questions regarding eligibility.
*** Please note: application for and questions about the Tuition Exchange program should be addressed directly to The Office of Financial Aid.
*** Please note: that the combination of BW tuition remission, Federal and State Grants, received will not exceed a 92% discount. Any BW Merit Scholarship(s) received by the student are in name only. Employees must pay 8% of the cost of tuition charged and 100% of the cost of room, board, books, fees and misc. costs associated with taking a class at BW.