Anchorage ATHENA SOCIETY MISSION: To encourage the potential of women as valued members and leaders of the business community.
Anchorage ATHENA SOCIETY PURPOSE: To recognize, encourage, and support women in business leadership roles.
Anchorage ATHENA AWARD: In recognition of outstanding leadership, excellence and dedication to promoting women in business and developing our community.
Anchorage ATHENA SOCIETY FRAMEWORK:
ATHENA Society Members: Each year nominations of both women and men are solicited from the public, and reviewed for potential selection and induction by members of the selection committee. The selectees will be inducted at the annual ATHENA Society Luncheon.
Anchorage ATHENA Society Leadership Recipient: The Society’s highest honor recognizes one Society member, named by the selection committee, after at least 2 years of membership. The Recipient will be recognized at the annual ATHENA Society Luncheon.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION:
• Success in a business or profession
• Gives back to the community outside of job requirements
• Is known as a person who opens doors for women
• Must work in Anchorage
NOMINATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED WHEN THIS ON-LINE FORM IS USED:
• Please provide comprehensive, quantitative information that demonstrates the nominee’s business or professional accomplishments and achievements, involvement in the community, and leadership that exceed the requirements of the nominee’s participation in the work force. How has she impacted her community?
• The quality and completeness of the written nomination is key in helping the selection committee understand the basis and merits of the nomination.
• A one-page resume or additional page of information may be submitted.
Anchorage ATHENA Society members and the Annual ATHENA Leadership Award Recipient
Those inducted into the Anchorage ATHENA Society and the Annual ATHENA Leadership Recipient
will be celebrated at the annual Anchorage ATHENA Society Luncheon held at
Noon on Monday, March 18, 2019 at the Dena’ina Center