The Oregon Governor’s Conference on Tourism (ORGC) is the premier educational and information sharing event in the state for tourism, hospitality, and economic development professionals. The 2022 ORGC will take place on March 14-16 in Sunriver, Oregon.
With a commitment to applying a racial equity lens to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in Oregon’s tourism industry, Travel Oregon is proud to offer a 2022 scholarship program to support college students and Black, Indigenous and People of Color in attending the ORGC for the first time.
The scholarship will provide up to 10 recipients with:
- Free full conference registration, including conference meals and lodging
- Reimbursement of transportation costs (up to $500)*
* Transportation to and from the conference will be the responsibility of the scholarship recipient. These costs are reimbursable up to $500 for scholarship recipients; use of personal vehicle will be reimbursed at current IRS mileage rate; other transportation will be reimbursed with documentation including receipts.
To apply for the 2022 ORGC scholarship, you must be 18 years of age or older and one of the following criteria apply to you:
- A student currently enrolled in an Oregon college or university working toward a degree or certificate in hospitality, tourism, recreation, economic development, or a program related to another sector of the tourism industry.
Identify as Black, Indigenous*, or a Person of Color and are currently volunteering at, employed by, or own an entity that falls within a sector of Oregon’s tourism industry.
*If you are currently a member of the Oregon Tourism Tribal Working Group, you automatically qualify for support to attend the ORGC and therefore are not eligible for this scholarship program.
- 1/12/22 – Scholarship application opens
- 2/1/22 – Scholarship application closes
- 2/11/22 – Scholarships awarded; all applicants notified of award status
- 2/25/22 – Scholarship recipients must complete ORGC registration
A panel of Travel Oregon staff will review applications and make up to 10 scholarship awards based on these criteria:
- Complete application
- Meet eligibility requirements
- Passion for Oregon tourism
Please contact Matthew@TravelOregon.com with questions about the ORGC scholarship program.
To apply for the scholarship program, you need to complete this online application by 2/1/22.