Travel Oregon is committed to supporting rural communities through continued investment in education, development and leveraging of partnerships for a healthy Oregon tourism ecosystem.
Based on this commitment, we are hosting the first-ever Oregon Rural Tourism Conference, April 26-28, at Sunriver Resort in Central Oregon to support destination management organizations, businesses and industry partners in cities with a population of less than 25,000 residents that are not adjacent to, or part of, an urban or metropolitan area.
The conference will offer practical and applicable education, collaboration and networking opportunities that support rural communities. Anyone who works in or with rural Oregon communities is invited to attend the conference.
We realize that financial assistance may be needed to help some of our Oregon travel and tourism industry partners attend the conference. A limited number of scholarships are being offered through Travel Oregon and Visit Central Oregon so even those with financial limitations can enjoy the benefits of attending.
Each scholarship will be equal to either the full conference early bird registration ($200 value) or a one-day registration (Sunday, Monday or Tuesday).
- INCLUDED: Full conference registration or one-day conference registration including all conference meals, sessions, breaks and events as scheduled. Monday night's dine around is not included.
- YOU MAY REQUEST TO BE INCLUDED: Hotel room for Sunday, April 26 and/or Monday, April 27; financial assistance with mileage associated with traveling to and from the conference.
We ask that you only choose the option to have your hotel room and other incidentals covered if that prohibits you from being able to attend the conference even with receiving a scholarship. We would like to send as many people to the conference as possible, so thank you for taking that into consideration.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must:
- Show that they work in, or with, an Oregon rural community that is less than 25,000 in population and not near or adjacent to an urban or metropolitan area.
- Demonstrate that attending the conference would create a financial hardship for the applicant or applicant's business or organization.
- Have participated in the travel and tourism industry as an individual entrepreneur, as part of a tourism-related organization or business or part of a community or regional tourism effort, program, project or event.
- Be a student of, seeking employment in, or are new to Oregon's travel and tourism industry.
- Commit to continuing participation in Oregon's travel and tourism industry (if a recipient).
- Complete and sign this Industry Scholarship Application.
Deadline to apply is March 5. Applications will be reviewed and status notifications sent to all applicants by March 16. If you do not receive a scholarship, you will still be able to register by the early bird deadline of March 31.