GUIDELINES FOR FILING GRANT APPLICATIONS
- Priority will be given to grants involving young Children
- The New Jersey Kiwanis Foundation will consider only grant applications from Kiwanis clubs or Kiwanis-family sponsored falling under the auspices of the New Jersey District of Kiwanis International. If this grant is approved, your Club is required to submit a report upon completion of the program/project.
- Capital improvement requests will not be considered; this includes, but is not limited to, constructing buildings and purchasing land.
- The Foundation Board will not consider applications for grants in excess of $2,500.00.
- The grant must further the goals and ideals of Kiwanis and promote the growth and development of Kiwanis in the area.
- Nonprofit organizations in the U.S. must be qualified by the Internal Revenue Service for tax exemption as a 501(c)(3) organization and have proper liability insurance to indemnify the New Jersey Kiwanis Foundation.
- The New Jersey Kiwanis Foundation Board of Trustees approves funding of grants throughout the year. Once submitted, the grant will be reviewed by the committee and the proposal will be voted on at the next Foundation meeting. Notification will be made within 90 days following the Board’s decision.
- The decision of the New Jersey Kiwanis Foundation Board of Trustees is final.
- The New Jersey Kiwanis Foundation must be credited for funding the grant making the program/project possible.
- Grant funding commitments are made for 12 consecutive months only.
- The Foundation will not fund a grant to the same program for more than three consecutive years.
- The recipient organization of an approved grant may spend up to and including the specified amount for the sole purpose of the program for which the amount was approved, and will receive up to the approved amount after submitting copies of paid invoices to the President of the Foundation, or may request that the Foundation pay the vendor invoices directly.
- The Foundation requires grant recipients to submit six-month and one-year reports on the program, including professional quality color photographs(digital photographs are acceptable) for publication purposes.
***Please Note: When uploading your supporting documentation, they must be uploaded in one of the following file type: Word (.doc or .docx), Excel (.xls or .xlsx), Adobe PDF (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), or as a Picture (.jpeg, .jpg, or .png)