Have a business or a business idea? Apply for the Denver Startup Week Youth Pitch Challenge! This year, the event is entirely virtual.
A total of four students (or four teams of students for co-managed businesses/business ideas) will be selected to pitch their business or business idea to a panel of judges in a live virtual Shark Tank-style competition.
The winner of the Youth Pitch Challenge will gain a guaranteed spot in the semifinals of Denver Startup Week’s Pitch Challenge, in which the young entrepreneur will compete against adults, for a chance to win up to $100,000 in startup capital and prizes! Last year, JA students Melanie Zhou and Mia Hayden battled their way all the way to the top, walking away with the grand prize!
Applicants should have a thoroughly developed business idea, although the business does not need to be operational. JA staff will review all submissions and will contact top applicants for a phone interview to help determine the final competitors.
JA will provide additional coaching from entrepreneurial mentors to help the competitors finalize their pitch before the competition.
This opportunity is open to high school students and first year college students only.
- Wednesday, August 26 – Application deadline
- August 27 & 28 - JA contacts students by phone, competitors selected
- Thursday, September 10, 4 - 5:30 PM – Youth Pitch practice round (students can prerecord if they’re unable to make this session but could make all other times)
- Monday, September 14, 4 PM – Youth Pitch Competition
- Wednesday, September 16, 4 PM – Competition Semifinals