Scholarship recipients will receive a financial award (to be paid to directly to their universities or training programs) for educational expenses and an all-expenses paid trip to the FS-ISAC Europe Summit 2020, which takes place Oct. 13-14 in Madrid.
- Must be female
- Must have a minimum Grading Scale of 3.0
- Must be available to attend the FS-ISAC Europe Summit 2020
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary educational program related to technology and/or cybersecurity
- Must be interested in pursuing a career within the financial-services industry that focuses on cybersecurity
- Must be authorized to work within continental Europe and the U.K.
- Must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement to protect any confidential information shared at the FS-ISAC Europe Summit 2020
By accepting the scholarship, students agree to:
- Providing permission for FS-ISAC to contact their universities or training programs to confirm enrollment and good standing. ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY OR POST-SECONDARY PROGRAM WHERE THEY ARE ENROLLED. APPLICANTS ALSO MUST PROVIDE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THEIR SCHOLARSHIP ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES DEPARTMENT, AS WELL AS THEIR UNIVERSITIES' OR PROGRAMS' ACCREDIDATION NUMBERS. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMAION ON THE APPLIATION WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC REJECTION.
- Working with university or post-secondary faculty to ensure applicants can complete any missed coursework as a result of their attendance at the FS-ISAC Europe Summit.
- Being asked by FS-ISAC to represent the BCD Scholarship program in the future.
- Presenting a post-Summit overview of what was learned at the Summit and from the experience with the FS-ISAC Mentor, which will be assigned.
- Conducting herselfin a professional manner and in accordance with her school’s Code of Conduct while attending the Summit. Recipients who violate professional or legal ethics may be asked to leave the Summit and forfeit their scholarships.
The scholarship covers all expenses associated with attending the Summit, including travel, meals, registration and hotel. FS-ISAC will reimburse students for additional expenses incurred during travel, including mileage, taxis and meals. To be reimbursed, the recipient must attend the Summit and submit to FS-ISAC receipts, along with an expense report provided in the Welcome Packet, within 10 business days of the event.