Scholarship recipients will receive a $5,000 USD financial award (to be paid to the school for educational expenses) and an all-expenses paid trip to the FS-ISAC US Fall Summit. During the US Summit, students will be provided with an industry mentor from a leading financial or security organization, and access to cybersecurity workshops and professionals attending the summit.
- Must be female
- Minimum age requirement – Must be 21 years old by 1 May
- Available to attend the FS-ISAC Summit
- Enrolled in a post-secondary educational program related to technology and/or cybersecurity
- Interested in a career in cybersecurity
- Authorized to work in the US. Please contact email@example.com with any questions
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement to protect any confidential information shared at the FS-ISAC US Fall Summit
By accepting the scholarship, students agree to:
- Provide permission for FS-ISAC to contact their educational program to confirm enrollment. ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE UNIVERSITY OR POST-SECONDARY PROGRAM WHERE THEY ARE ENROLLED. APPLICANTS MUST ALSO PROVIDE CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM AT THEIR UNIVERSITY OR POST-SECONDARY PROGRAM.
- Work with university or post-secondary faculty to ensure applicants can complete any missed coursework as a result of their attendance at the summit. FS-ISAC will provide a letter about the BCD Scholarship and confirm that the applicant was in attendance at summit.
- Work with an industry mentor prior to and during the summit.
- Allow FS-ISAC to give prior approval and/or vet posts or news applicants want to share on social media or in the news about the BCD Scholarship.
- Students may be asked to represent the Scholarship program in the future.
- Present a summary of your experience to FS-ISAC staff after the summit.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner and in accordance with your school’s Code of Conduct as an ambassador of your school. Recipients who violate professional or legal ethics may be asked to leave the Summit and will forfeit their scholarship.
The scholarship covers all expenses associated with attending the FS-ISAC summit, including travel, meals, registration and hotel.
- FS-ISAC will arrange for hotel, flight (if necessary), registration fees and summit meals. Students must coordinate with FS-ISAC staff to arrange travel and pre-summit activities. Due to travel requirements, you are asked to arrive a day before the Summit and should plan to attend for the duration of the Summit.
- FS-ISAC will reimburse students for additional expenses incurred during travel, including mileage, taxis and meals. To be reimbursed, the recipient must attend the summit and submit receipts to the FS-ISAC within 10 business days of the event.